Sunday 29 September 2013

Day Two: Progress Already

I went back to the Bikram studio for a 10 am class on Sunday morning, less than 24 hours after my first class. I noticed a huge difference in how my body felt today. I was able to complete all of the standing sequence without taking an extended break and sitting down. Yesterday I had to sit down several times - the first time after only a few poses.

I also had greater flexibility in a few of the poses - particularly Eagle pose and the Awkward Pose series. I also got to try some new poses for he first time since I was not sitting down trying to stay alive - Tree and Toe Stand.

A few hours after class I am feeling very focused and HUNGRY. According to some websites, individuals in my weight range can expect to burn anywhere between 350-700 calories in a 90 minute class. Although that seems like a lot of calories, after a class it certainly seems like I burned through at least that many. My post-yoga meal, rightly or wrongly, was a big bowl of stirfry.

My next yoga session will be Tuesday morning at 6 am. Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment